Terrorist group, Boko Haram, has released a video to confirm that it was responsible for last week’s abduction of school students in Katsina State.

Gunmen invaded the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara on Friday, December 11, 2020, with at least 400 students unaccounted for a week later.

Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed responsibility for the attack, but the military dismissed the claim as mischievous.

However, in a video released by the terrorist group and made public on Thursday, December 17, the kidnapped boys were filmed inside what looked like a forest.blob:https://unclekjblog.com/670970de-f7f7-4a54-9e51-f59e36a4285f

One of the boys who spoke in the video begged the government to secure their release from captivity.

“Some of us were killed. Please sir help us immediately. You have to send them the money,” he said.

The student also told the government to withdraw security agents trying to rescue them from the terrorists as it’ll only worsen the issue.

Over a dozen boys were seen in the video clip gathered around the boy that was allowed to plead for their safe return.

Katsina governor, Aminu Bello Masari, said earlier this week that the government has already commenced negotiations with the kidnappers to ensure the students return unhurt.

He also revealed on Wednesday, December 16 that most of the abducted students are believed to be in a forest in Zamfara.

The abduction of the boys, and the latest video, is a rehash of Boko Haram’s abduction of 276 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State in 2014. 112 of the girls are yet to return to their families six years later.

Another major Boko Haram faction, the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), also abducted 112 schoolgirls and one boy in Dapchi, Yobe State in 2018.

107 of the hostages were returned by the terrorists a month later, after negotiations with the government, while five of the girls died in Boko Haram custody.

Leah Sharibu, another one of the kidnapped girls, was not released because she refused to renounce her Christian faith, and remains with the terrorists over two years later.

Boko Haram’s strike in Kankara is the first major strike of its nature in the northwest region of the country which has suffered from the activities of bandits for years.

Shekau made an appearance in Thursday’s video, and boasted of his group’s ability to strike where it wants.

However, government officials have insisted that the kidnappers responsible for the Kankara attack are not members of Boko Haram, but could be affiliated even though a link has reportedly not officially been established.

The group’s activities have been largely restricted to the northeast region over the past 10 years, with criminal activities in the northwest attributed to standalone bandits.

Source: Pulse Nigeria

By unclekjblog

Unclekjblog is here to bring you the best updated News, From a reliable source,,,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.